Simple, Proactive, Remote Monitoring
We remotely monitor your systems. All of them.
We monitor every device which we manage and support. Not just the servers.
Our remote monitoring is 24/7, and is included with our management and support packages.
We don’t charge extra for monitoring and we don’t have “additional extras” with “additional costs”
Here's a quick overview of what our remote monitoring does.
- We have multiple pieces of software installed on our servers.
- Our servers connect to your servers and computers.
- This is done via our custom Agent Software
- And SNMP (Simple Network Monitoring Protocol)
- And simple Ping heartbeat tracking (our servers send a “ping” out to yours, which should respond.
- Our servers use tests, checks and run other pieces of our custom software to monitor:
- Events (in the event logs),
- Errors (various types),
- Software (watches for users installing known bad software, files and folders,
- Software Updates,
- Hard-drive space,
- And automatically uses other pieces of our custom software to test things like the health of your hard-drives – a feature of our monitoring unique to us.
If a problem is detected then our servers raise a ticket. Different problems have different severity and our system raises the ticket with an appropriate SLA response (i.e. Failure, Error, Threat, Warning, Info).
With our remote monitoring you can get peace of mind knowing that our servers are working day and night keeping an eye on your servers, AND computers/workstations making sure that they are okay.
If a becomes known to us, a technician starts looking into it before you can manually raise a ticket.
We detect all sorts of potential problem causing issues. Depending on the severity of the issue, we remotely resolve the problem either in due course before it can become a problem – or for more severe issues, we resolve it straight away.
The issue or potential problem never occurs – everyone’s a winner.
A lot of the time, the only way the client knows about the issue is that we tell them and/or it’s on our reports!
Our monitoring software agent gets installed on all computers and server which we manage and support. A lot of companies only monitor your server, then have your own server perform some checks on the workstation computers.
This means that our monitoring, support, reporting and management is more complete, more accurate and more effective.
Our software is even compatible with Mac and Linux – not just Windows.
Client access to monitoring
We don’t mind giving you access to our main monitoring dashboard. We monitor your systems over multiple pieces of software, but the main dashboard provides the most information.
Here the client can view the health, performance, software, hardware, events, errors, updates and more. It’s also common for the client to use this dashboard for their own inventory / asset management.
Reports on all monitoring
We can provide customised reports as defined by the client (or default monitoring reports) at intervals which the client prefers.
Multiple types of monitoring
Our monitoring software doesn’t just check the Event Log and other simple things. See “Our Methods of Monitoring” for more information.