We offer several different cloud services
Cloud – everyone’s talking about it.
What actually is “The Cloud”?
To put it simply, something in the “Cloud” is just something accessed or running over the Internet. “Hosted” is another common word; “Hosted” means that some software or service is running from a server accessed via the Internet.
So what can Cloud do for you?
Remember – a Cloud IT solution is another type of IT solution.
It’s not a “one fix for all solutions”, and it can help different companies in different ways.
Cloud can have many different benefits, such as:
- Cheaper monthly cost
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Lower electricity usage
- Can be more reliable with less overall downtime
- Normally has better redundancy for recovery from failures
- Naturally accessible for multiple locations (normally)
- Normally compatible with multiple devices and computers
- Expandable – can grow with your business
- Rapid changes, any Cloud infrastructure changes are extremely fast as you don’t have to wait for new hardware
- Flexible – Cloud solutions can use anything from virtualisation in the Cloud to simple Cloud storage
Cloud can also have disadvantages, such as:
- Can have a higher overall cost of an IT solution over a long term period (e.g. 5 years)
- Requires a good Internet connection
- Internet connection downtime can mean no access to Cloud based services
- You don’t “have” your data like you would if you had an on-premises server
- You have to completely trust a provider with your data
- If that Cloud provider goes down you can lose access to, or lose, your data